Monday, November 30, 2009

A Month in Our Life: November 2009



Truly a month for thanksgiving, November brought us a new home with new roommates: Erika, Ticha, Andy, and two cats. I am so thankful for their generous hearts and offer to share their tiny, new (to them) home with two new people. We now live in a house where I can cook in the kitchen, do laundry, and play with my baby all at the same time. Each of our new roommates loves my baby (well, except the cats, although one seems to be warming up to him) and he loves playing with each of them. This makes for a wonderful gift of spare snippets of time where I can easily wash the dishes or organize a corner of the closet. Thank you!


This move also means we are officially out of the burbs and into the Denver city limits. It's a far cry from living in DC - we're certainly not in the hood - but we are no longer surrounded by the materialistic excess that defines so much of the suburbs. Of course, we will miss Oma and Opa and Shooter the dog, as well as our friend and neighbor Lisa and her three super fun, rambunctious boys.

The past month was a huge boom months for my baby's vocabulary. We seem to have moved from A words to B words: bread and ball-ball and Bible and baby (meaning all children, not just babies) are favorites. But the all time favorite word of the month is basura (trash in Spanish).

My baby actually runs down the sidewalk and turns into the alley yelling bura, bura because he knows there are dumpsters around the corner! He tells me pee pee and poo poo, refers to all fruit as apple, and said his first three-syllable word: Erika (who owns our new home).

A few pictures demonstrating other fun activities this month:




3 comments:

  1. Wow! So much fun, he is looking older than the last time I saw him. Sounds like things are going well at your new home! I am so glad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures & video! glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lanae, I just remembered about your blog! How wonderful to come here and see how big and active Simeon is, and about your new home! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete